Contact the business office at: email@example.com
To Make a payment on your balance please go to the link below:
Please be sure to add the patient’s name, date of birth, and/or account number.
– Copayments, coinsurances, deductibles, and any charges not covered by insurance must be paid at the time of service.
– Anyone accompanying a patient/child is responsible for balances due and/or copays or deductibles due at the time of service. We do not become involved in any divorce issues.
– It is your responsibility to let us know of any changes in insurance information, addresses, and/or telephone numbers.
– You will need to bring your insurance card to each and every visit. We will make a copy of your insurance card to assure that the insurance you provide us remains updated and active.
– Be sure to add any new family members (babies) to your insurance carrier immediately to obtain coverage. You have 30 days from the date of birth for a newborn to add them to your policy to assure they will have coverage.
– We automatically file claims for all insurance companies. It is your responsibility to know the specifics of your particular insurance plan because insurance coverage can vary from plan to plan. Please understand that you are ultimately responsible for settling your account.
– As a courtesy we will file with your secondary insurance any balance left from the primary insurance. The initial claim is filed to the secondary carrier but the guarantor on the account is ultimately held responsible for the balance. Follow up of the secondary benefits is also the guarantor’s responsibility. After 30 days with no payment from the secondary insurance, the balance will be turned over to the patient’s responsibility. We will provide any information the patient needs to file to the secondary insurance on their own.
– We do not bill to third party insurances such as attorneys or automobile insurances.
– If you have a credit on your account please contact our billing office to request this amount be returned to you.
– The billing department can approve payment arrangements on any patient balances. Please contact us upon receiving a statement.
– We can hold a check or credit card number for up to 10 days for payment on balance, deductible, or copays.
– If your account ever reaches delinquency with no contact regarding your balance due, the outstanding balance will be turned over to an outside collection agency.
– Our physicians are required to follow CPT and ICD-9 guidelines when determining how services are coded. We must code your visit based on the services that were provided. We cannot take into account the specifics of your insurance plan. We are unable to change the visit reason and/or diagnosis in order for the claim to be approved by insurance. Please contact our billing office with any questions.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- First Health
- Great West
- One Health
- Preferred Benefit Admin.
- PPO Plus
- State PPO
- Tricare (Humana)
- United Healthcare
- Web TPA
We do not accept Medicaid.
APAM is affiliated with the below hospitals in Baton Rouge.
- Woman’s Hospital
- Our Lady of the Lake
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center
- Lane Regional Medical Center